Green Certified Carpet Cleaning
Chem-Dry, The Greener Carpet Cleaner
You wouldn’t add soaps, detergents, phosphates or other harsh chemicals to our air, forests, lakes, or streams; so, why add them to your carpets? At Chem-Dry By Rhein, we believe in environmental sustainability and have continuously worked toward offering a Green solution to carpet cleaning for the past two decades.
Chem-Dry’s flagship cleaning solution, The Natural®, is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S. list.; however, our dedication to Green doesn’t stop there. In addition, we use one-fifth the amount of water during our cleaning process, ensuring a healthier, Greener home. In contrast, typical steam cleaners require excessive amounts of water and harsh chemicals.
We have several products that meet the strict standards of the Chem-Dry Certified program, which examine a product’s impact on people, pets and the environment. For additional information, click to view or print Chem-Dry By Rhein‘s Green & Clean Brochure in PDF format.
- The Natural
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholstery Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Pet Odor Removal
Chem-Dry continually works toward advancements in Green carpet cleaning. Thus, our commitment to sustainability is part of our mission to provide everyone with a cleaner and more healthy living environment. Also, we have implemented a paperless newsletter that we can email to you!
Health, Toxicity & Safety
- Oral Toxicity: products do not include hazardous substances that can be ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity: products never include poisonous substances that can enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity: products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens: products do not include agents which increase the likelihood of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- Chem-Dry By Rhein has only the highest standards for biodegradability and not bio-accumulation. Products must not damage our streams or Mother Earth.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH of the solution of the products must be no less than 3 and no greater than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must contain no damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
So why does Chem-Dry care so much about being Green? Well, to put it simply: Less water in your carpets means more in our nation’s reservoirs. Non-toxic means Chem-Dry is safe for kids and pets and makes Chem-Dry By Rhein the perfect (often, the only) solution for many people with allergies. We live here too, and our mission is to help create healthier homes for a better world.