Spot Removal, Step by Step with Chem-Dry By Rhein, Naples
1. Act Fast! Most carpet available today has been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spills can be removed if you take immediate action. The longer the delay, the higher the risk of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling (with no printing on it).
3. Don’t scrub! Scrubbing may cause distortion of the carpet pile in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or white paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be sure the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye color. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs, STOP! Please use another cleaning solution.
5. Apply a small amount of the cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid re-soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change wet paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call us today at (239) 353-4246 to order with your next cleaning.
Request an Appointment
Carpet and Upholstery Special20% off carpet or upholstery cleaning when services are combined.Coupon Code, 20offExpires: Minimum fee of $95.00 + $5.00 travel charge. Some restrictions apply. Savings are only applied to carpet cleaning OR upholstery cleaning. Call for details.Chem-Dry By Rhein